Communication is used to inform, to persuade and to analyze. In this assignment, you will persuade the reader of your point of view by supporting a thesis with objective facts and credible evidence.
the week 2 forum, you selected your topic for this paper. You will take
a stance on this issue and support your stance with credible evidence
in your body paragraphs.
You will write a 5 paragraph essay.
order to persuade the audience to accept the position you are
advocating in this paper, you will use different kinds of appeals:
- ethos (which involves the credibility of the speaker, writer, or authority being cited);
- logos (which involves facts, statistics, and logic); and
- pathos (which involves emotions).
A good persuasive argument uses credible sources, objective
evidence, and emotional “hooks” to make use of logos, ethos, and pathos
Be sure your thesis statement is very clear. It
should be a single complete sentence, including both a subject and a
predicate, that combine to make claim. Be sure to use a three part
Your introduction paragraph should include a “hook” to grab the reader’s
attention. The thesis statement should be the last sentence of the
introduction. Your body paragraphs will directly support the thesis. You
should use credible sources and cite them according to the style of
your discipline. Your conclusion should reiterate the strongest points
from your paper and give the audience something to consider, moving
- PURPOSE: To persuade
- AUDIENCE: The applicable audience for the type of document you’ve chosen to write.
- LENGTH: 500 – 750 words (Times New Roman font)
- SOURCES: A minimum of 3 with at least 1 from the library, and at least 1 from a professional journal or organization
- FORMAT: The citation style is APA