Temple University American Literature Books Video Discussion
Whether the assignment is Student or TEAM this assignment involves making a written presentation (formatted as MEMOS TO MANAGEMENT) based on Harvard Business Cases. Students should consider the method (described above) in conducting and reporting on their analysis. The cases may have supplemental data in a spreadsheet; analysis of this data should support any conclusions.
ANY case Presentation should use the following outline (note, this mirrors the discussion of the case presentation process presented above):
1. Identify Audience, presenter, date, and KEY ISSUE
2. Provide an executive summary (key Issue, Analysis, Recommendations and expected outcomes)
3. Develop a relevant and balanced analysis (note SWOT and PEST are insufficient, but a good place to start)
4. Identify viable alternative solutions
5. Analyze alternatives in context with defined criteria
6. Selects a recommended alternative and discuss issues related to implementation.
7. Define the problem or opportunity to be analyzed
As you read the Fitbit Case, please consider the following questions for your analysis;
- What are the characteristics of the wearable device market?
- What competitive advantages does Fitbit possess?
- What advantages do the competitors, named in the case, have in the wearable device market? What other brands (not mentioned) have similar advantages that could give them the potential to enter the market?
- Comparing the positioning strategies adopted by each competitor, which one do you think will be the most effective? Is there room for more than one player in the market?