please read and answer all questions
hsa 3704 part 1
Do you know the Difference?
Students new to research often find some of the terms and concepts confusing as some of the terms may be used interchangeably in different areas of research, such as data and statistics. However, when reviewing scholarly research, it is important to understand the differences between some key terms.
For this discussion, I want you to take on the role of the instructor and explain the difference between the following terms: data, statistics, descriptive statistic, inferential statistic, statistical methods, and describe/identify an example of each that you find in a single research article from the SPC article databases
Post a working link and/or URL to your article (do not forget citations and references). Check out this Permalinks Tutorial to help you find a “Permalink” or “Persistent link” for your article so that you can post a direct link to the article. I recommend that you keep the tutorial for future reference (note, these links are what you should use for retrieval information in your APA formatted Reference entry when there is not a doi present).
You may wish go back and visit one of the early topics in the book, Empirical Research, as well as this week’s required reading. Outside reading is also recommended. I want to “hear” that you have a good understanding of these terms and the differences between them as you prepare to complete the next part of your Article Analysis
Comment on at least one peer post.
This course is about recognizing and using evidence. So, in order to earn full points, you will need to support each of your postings and assignments in this course with evidence from your readings, textbook and/or course content. Cite your sources using intext and reference page citations, including page or paragraph numbers.
- Complete your original post by 11:59 p.m. Thursday, EST.
- Complete at least one peer reply by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, EST.
- Remember that responses to instructor comments do not count toward the minimum post requirements.
- Failure to meet the assignment instructions, submit posts in a timely manner, respond to an instructor comment, or provide citations/references for all source material will result in a loss of points.
- Do not use quoted or copied material.
hsa 3170 part 2
Your book this week discussed capital investment decisions. For your post this week, I want you to pick one of the first 5 project classification categories, and discuss how you would present a hospital project of your choice. Be sure it is clear what category that you are explaining. Talk about the cost, why you need it, payback period, and expected outcomes of the project.
- Write a minimum of 300 and a maximum of 350 words.
- Submit your original post by Thursday before midnight EST.
- Respond to at least 1 other post by Sunday before midnight EST.
- Failure to submit posts in a timely manner, meet the assigned minimum word count, include citations and references for external sources, or respond to an instructor or peer comment will result in a loss of points.
- Note: Cite paraphrased information obtained from another source but do not use quotes.
Standard HSA Discussion Instructions
- To avoid point loss, carefully follow all assignment instructions and the HSA Discussion Rubric Guidelines.
- Review this Discussion Sample to get a better sense of what is expected of your discussion content and participation.
- Complete your original post before 11:59 p.m. Thursday, EST.
- Complete at least 2 peer replies before 11:59 p.m. Sunday, EST.
- Note that responses to instructor comments do not count toward the minimum number of peer replies.
- Provide properly formatted citations/references for all source material (see HSA Style Guide).
- Do not use any quoted or copied material.