Key Concept Paper Instructions
Choose a DB topic that you have written about this term (in this class) that you would like to further explore and write a 1000 – 1100 word paper on the topic. The paper will have 5 scholarly articles, which have been published within the previous 4 years; each of the articles must be a narrative on the results of a study/research. The paper is not a restatement of the original DB post, but is a review of all 5 of the scholarly articles. Some of the questions that must be addressed in the paper are:
What are the common themes among the findings all 5 of the research articles?
What are the differences among the findings of all 5 of the research articles?
What is unique in each article regarding the author’s approach to the concept?
According to the authors of the articles, why is the concept important to an organization’s leadership?
• The paper is to be your original work and written solely for this course. Although past papers can be minimally referenced, papers previously submitted or work from previously submitted assignments cannot be used to fulfill this assignment.
• The paper must be written using current APA format and include a title page, an abstract, and a references list.
• The paper must have a minimum of 1000 words and a maximum of 1100 words. The word count does not include the cover page, abstract, or reference pages.
• Each article must be a primary source from a peer-reviewed journal published within the past 4 years. Each of the articles must be a narrative on the results of a study/research. Articles that are not based on the findings of a study/research should not be used.
• It must be submitted as a Word document (.doc).
o The finished paper must be uploaded, as an attachment, by the published deadline.
• Any charts, graphs, pictures, etc. must be put in an appendix and do not count toward the word count.
• Block quotes cannot be used and will not count toward the word count requirement.
• References must be as follows:
o A minimum of 5 peer-reviewed references must be used.
▪ Each reference must be from a different peer-reviewed journal published within the past 4 years. Each of the articles chosen must be a narrative on the results of a study/research.
▪ Textbooks, web blogs, abstracts, dissertations, magazines, and other ancillary materials cannot be counted as one of the required references.
▪ All references must be cited somewhat equally in the narrative with no references over- or under-represented.
▪ Quotations must not be more than 15% of the paper – paraphrase and properly quote the citations.
• The following discussions should be included in the paper and used as headings:
o Introduction to the concept (definition and overview of the paper)
o What were the differences and similarities in the research done regarding the concept?
o What was unique in each article regarding the author’s approach to the concept?
o What are the similarities in the research findings?
o What are the differences in the research findings?