HLTH 4115 WU Cleveland Clinic: Marketing Plan Essay
Marketing Plans in Healthcare
As you have seen this week, a marketing plan is a tool to help an organization achieve the goals and objectives identified in its strategic plan. In order to be effective, a marketing plan must accurately reflect what the healthcare organization is trying to accomplish. The marketing plan should also offer a realistic assessment of the market environment, the organization’s position in that market, and a clear and logical strategy consistent with actual conditions and desired outcomes.
In this Assignment, you will identify and evaluate an actual marketing plan for a healthcare organization.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Locate and select a healthcare marketing plan from the Internet, library, or an organization with which you are familiar.
Write a 3-page paper analyzing your chosen healthcare marketing plan. Be sure to address the following:
- Briefly describe the healthcare organization (type, location, size, etc.).
- Briefly describe the healthcare marketing plan you selected. (Note: do not cut and paste the information, but rather summarize in your own words.)
- Analyze how well the marketing plan defines what the healthcare organization is trying to accomplish. Provide details and justification.
- Explain to what extent the healthcare organization understands its environment, the market, and competition. Describe any key market data that is presented.
- Evaluate whether the strategy action matches the conditions and outcomes of the healthcare organization. Explain.
- Evaluate whether the marketing objectives are specific enough. Explain. Provide suggestions if they are not.
- Evaluate whether the tactics described are specific, appropriate, and backed with enough power to meet the marketing objectives. Explain.
- Evaluate whether the healthcare organization’s marketing plan is logical and realistic. Explain.
- Evaluate whether the healthcare organization’s marketing plan is cohesive. Explain.
- Identify and analyze some barriers to the healthcare organization’s marketing plan’s success.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources, as appropriate.
Harris, J.M. (2017). Healthcare strategic planning (4th ed). Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press.
- Chapter 6, “Phase I: Analyzing the Environment” (pp. 105-134)
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2016). Applying the lessons of social marketing to a quality report AHRQ. Retrieved from https://www.ahrq.gov/talkingquality/distribute/promote/social-marketing.html
Arsene, C. (2018). Step-by-step actionable healthcare marketing plan for 1st quarter of 2019. Healthcare Weekly. Retrieved from: https://healthcareweekly.com/healthcare-marketing-step-by-step-plan/
Grube, M. & Crnkovich, P. (2017). Giving a consumer focus to strategic planning in health care. Healthcare Financial Management, 1-5. Retrieved from https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=shib&db=mnh&AN=EP-TOC126022176&site=eds-live&scope=site&custid=s6527200
Harvard Business Review Analytic Services. (2018). Improving the patient experience. Harvard Business School Publishing. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/sponsored/2019/01/improving-the-patient-experience
Spear, C. H. (2018). Why it’s important to have a marketing plan: Implementing a strategic plan helps create revenue for your practice. Optometry Times, (4), 1.