Grand Canyon University Mediation Scenarios Conflict and Negotiations Paper
Part One: Role Play
Utilize the “Mediation Scenarios” document to complete part one of the assignment.
Part Two: Essay
An understanding of the mediation process is important for effective communication, especially when we are counseling others in a formal or informal setting. This assignment will help you to better understand the role mediation plays in communication and how each step functions in the process. You will write a paper (1,000-1,500 words) that discusses your experience with mediation.
Follow the direction and choose your mediation scenario using the document, “Mediation Scenarios.” Then, write the following essay:
Write a paper (1,000-1,500 words) that reflects on the mediation experience and addresses the following:
- Analyze and reflect on your experience as the mediator.
- Did the mediation go as planned?
- What about this process was particularly challenging?
- Were you able to remain neutral?
- Did you struggle not injecting your own solutions?
- Did you easily reach an agreement, why or why not?
- How would this have been different if this were a real mediation and not a role-play?
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This paper must include at least four academic references used to support your reflection on the mediation process.