https://assignmentnerds.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/anlogo.png 0 0 Peter https://assignmentnerds.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/anlogo.png Peter2022-12-17 20:11:412022-12-17 20:11:41Federalism
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Need an answer from similar question? You have just landed to the most confidential, trustful essay writing service to order the paper from.
Just from $13/Page
News Journal Written Assignment:
News Journals require you to relate current events to the topics covered within POS 2041, American National Government. For your first Journal, choose from one of the articles listed below.
- Welcome Back, Federalism–Dems Begin to Champion State’s Rights
- U.S. Suspends Nuclear Arms Control Treaty With Russia
- Block grants spur economic development partnerships
- What Republicans and Democrats Are Doing In the States Where They Have Total Power
- FDA Chief: Federal Government Might Step In if States Don’t Change Lax Vaccine Laws
- To Pay for Opioid Crisis, Minnesota Raises Fees on Drug Companies
- Kansas, Missouri Governors Activate National Guards, Request Help for Flooding
- Congress Should Take Back Its Authority Over Tariffs
- Opinion: Congress leads the way in rebalancing US foreign policy toward prevention
As you review the articles you will find that some are fairly direct while other reveal the complexity of federal issues. Chose the article that you are most comfortable with and then fully address each of the following requirements:
- Summary – Summarize in paragraph form the facts and issues presented in the article. Document the source of your information with a parenthetical reference, i.e. (Sanger and Broad 2019, para. 4).
- Application – Apply three or more concepts from the assigned chapter to the main ideas in the news article. Specifically explain how the material in your textbook is illustrated in the article you are examining. This can be accomplished by using examples from the article and terms or concepts found in the textbook. You must clearly define the concepts and provide in-text citations in the APA format, including the page numbers, i.e. (Krutz 2019, p. 15) for our textbook.
- Analysis – Conclude with an analysis and reflection of the issue that includes reasoning related to concepts within POS 2041 an analysis of the article perspective. Does the article present the issue in a way that influences as well as informs. Lastly, include your own observations of the issue, the actions of those involved or an anticipated outcome related to your understanding of the concepts covered within the course.
In order to receive credit, you are also required to:
- Evenly divide your essay into sections by number and title. (i.e. 1. Summary; 2. Application; 3. Analysis)
- 1. Summary
- 2. Application
- 3. Analysis
- Penalties for not following this requirement will range from 5 to 10 points.
- Provide comprehensive analysis by using the textbook and other course materials as the primary source of information.
- Penalties for not following this requirement will range from 5 to 15 points.
- Submit your essay in at least 500 words.
- Penalties for not following the length requirement will range from 5 to 40 points.
- Submit the essay within the due date.
- No late submission will be allowed or graded unless documented emergency or accommodation is provided by the student.
- Avoid copy-and-paste and unnecessary quotations.
- Use paraphrasing instead of quoting.
- You should use a quote only when the same idea cannot be stated differently or when doing so would diminish its academic value. The latter is not applicable in our case and the former is rarely required at this level.
- Penalties for not complying will range from 5 to 20 points.
- Use paraphrasing instead of quoting.
- Provide, even when paraphrasing, in-text citations and references in the APA writing format.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. A failing grade for the assignment and/or the course will be awarded pursuant to the SPC Academic Integrity