Developing a Contract Proposal
The assessment and organizational development (OD) process generally starts when a member of an organization or a unit contacts an organizational development (OD) practitioner about potential help in addressing a particular concern. In order to assess and assist the organization, some preliminary information should be gathered. During this process, the organizational development (OD) practitioner is also developing a relationship and providing credibility to the organization so that he or she will be selected to implement the assessment or intervention. This process is critical to the success of both the organization and the organizational development (OD) practitioner. For this assignment, you will select an organization, conduct an organizational development (OD) assessment, and develop a contract proposal in a 4- to 5-page report.
In 4 to 5 pages:
- Select and describe an organization that you believe is in need of organizational assessment and development services. It can be one where you have personal interest or experience.
- Research your organization. You can utilize the online library resources in your research as well.
- Explain the current state of the chosen organization and the issues or concerns that need to be addressed.
- Describe your capabilities as an organizational development (OD) practitioner.
- Develop the basic elements of your contract proposal:
- Goals of the proposal.
- Action steps for data collection and feedback.
- Specification of responsibilities.
- Strategy for achieving the desired end state.
- Fees, terms, and conditions.
- Determine your approach to one possible client engagement issue that may arise and discuss how you would prepare for any objections and unforeseen issues.
Your final product will be in a Microsoft Word document of approximately 4 to 5 pages. You will utilize two to four scholarly sources in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.