Determining Causes and Effects – Revised Version
Select one (1) of the scenarios on which to focus
your causes and effects paper. Research the topic and include credible
sources to support claims. Identify your purpose clearly, incorporate
audience needs, establish a desired tone, and organize
The President of Strayer University has asked you (a full time
university professor) to write about the major causes and effects of
stress on college students. The paper will be presented to senior
administration in order to help students have a more positive college
director of your state unemployment agency has asked you (a public
relations specialist) to write about the causes and effects of
unemployment on an individual/family. The paper will be presented to the
agency as they make decisions about reaching out to those who need
3. The CEO of
Bank of America has asked you (a financial analyst) to write a paper on
the causes and effects on not keeping a personal budget. The paper will
be presented to the communications department of the company so they can
create budget forms for customers.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Provide a clear thesis statement.
- Describe the major cause.
- Describe a leading second cause
- Describe two (2) economic effects of the cause.
- Describe two (2) effects on people.
- Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide three (3) relevant and credible sources to support claims. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Associate the features of audience, purpose, and text with various genres.
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Recognize how to organize ideas with transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Incorporate relevant, correctly documented sources to substantiate claims.
- Apply the writing process to develop various writing genres.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.