Prepare a research paper on the various methods of depreciation. Your research should include:
- An analysis of why depreciation is an allocation process and not valuation process.
- A description of the following depreciation methods:
- traight-line depreciation.
- An explanation of the how cost recovery is different for natural resources.
- An explanation of why there could be a difference between the depreciation amount on a company’s book (book depreciation) and the depreciation amount on a company’s tax return (tax depreciation).
Your paper must meet the following requirements:
- Your written paper should be 3-4 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- You need to cite at least three sources for this assignment.
- You can use many sites like Google Scholar (Links to an external site.) and www.ssrn.com (Links to an external site.). Do not use the textbook as a source. Please do NOT ever use Investopedia or AccountingTools.com as a source for discussion posts or papers for this or any other tax course. The information at Investopedia is geared toward financial, rather than tax definitions, and is frequently incorrect regarding tax rules.
- Your paper must be formatted according to the APA writing style.