This demonstration will be composed of a video you create to demonstrate the techniques you have observed, from an Interpersonal Psychotherapy approach, for Case Study Example #3.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Case Study Example #3, found in this week’s Learning Resources, and consider the specific personality disorder indicated for this client from the information provided.
- Review the Case Conceptualization template, and use this template to help you conceptualize this new client using an Interpersonal Psychotherapy approach to treatment.
- Use techniques not utilized in the Week 5 or 6 demonstration videos. You may select from negotiating client resistance, providing a corrective emotional experience, honoring transference/countertransference, termination, corrective emotional experience, recapitulating a client’s conflicts, etc.
- Choose a friend or acquaintance who is not a member of your family to help you demonstrate a fictitious mock “real play” therapy session. Please review the case study information, as your friend or acquaintance will take the persona of the client you want them to demonstrate.
- Choose a quiet location away from any noise and distractions.
- Conduct and record your fictitious therapy session (approximately 5-10 minutes).
For this Assignment:
Create a fictitious mock therapy session on video where you include two Interpersonal Psychotherapy skills and/or techniques with your fictitious client (Note: Use different techniques not utilized in Weeks 5 and 6) such as negotiating client resistance, providing a corrective emotional experience, honoring transference/countertransference, termination, corrective emotional experience, recapitulating a client’s conflicts, etc. Make sure you demonstrate the use of these techniques in therapy from an interpersonal psychotherapy approach.