Delta university Marketing Questions
Organizations interested in pursuing global markets must consider the external environment. Many of the same environmental forces that relate to domestic markets also apply to global markets (Lamb et al., 2021). You will look at the global marketplace in which, thanks to the Internet, even small companies can participate. The external marketing environment is full of opportunities and threats that can have a profound effect on the success or failure of a company, a brand, or a product in the global marketplace.
In Part 1 of this assignment, you will practice scanning the global marketing environment (i.e., environmental analysis) for opportunities or threats to expansion of Perigord Bakery as the owner.
Read the scenario and then address steps 1–3 in at least 5 of the 10 PowerPoint slides due in Unit 4 per the instructions.
Scenario: You are the owner of Perigord Bakery, which is currently located in the city closest to where you live. You specialize in breads and sweets from many different countries and now have operations in six regions of the U.S. You realize the market has become saturated in the U.S. At a recent international trade show, you were surprised at how many requests you received to license or franchise your concept in other countries.
Your task is the following:
Based on the scenario, identify another country outside the United States to research and determine the feasibility of entering this foreign market for the Perigord Bakery as the owner by addressing the checklist items.
Step 1: Cultural Factors
Identify several cultural factors in the country you are pursuing that may affect market expansion of the bakery, such as: behavior patterns, the concept of time, lifestyle, etc. You can use Commisceo™ Global Consultants’ website to research country cultural factors.
Considering these cultural factors, do you see them as possible opportunities or threats to entering this market? Please explain your response
Step 2: Demographic Factors
Identify at least four (4) demographic factors in the country you are pursuing, such as education, the size, growth, density, and age of the population, etc. Use the U.S. Census International database as a source of reference for the demographic information. It allows you to look up data by country and years.
Explain why these demographic factors are opportunities or threats to entering this market.
Step 3: Economic FactorsAccess The World Factbook from the CIA and select the country of choice in the upper right hand corner search box.
Identify these three economic factors in the country you are pursuing: GDP per capita (see the Reading area), GDP growth rate, and the unemployment rate in your chosen country.
- Explain why these economic factors are opportunities or threats to entering this market based on the country you chose.
Use bulleted points to make your main points (3–4 bullets per slide) and then explain those bulleted points in the notes section directly under the slide. Adding the audio necessitates having either a built-in microphone in your computer or a headset with microphone to record the audio portion. Access instructions for adding audio to your presentation.
- Describe market segmentation and target marketing in a case scenario.
Using the information on the target market you learned from reading Chapters 6 and 8 in your text, original research on the Internet, and the various Learning Activities provided, read the scenario and respond to the checklist items in a business memo format.
- Case Scenario: The product is a portable multimedia center, to be marketed in the U.S., called “Media Popup” and made by the startup company Porttron, Inc. The multimedia center is a glossy compact 10?×12? entertainment box. It includes a screen with optional additional screen extension that pops out of the right side; a computer keyboard that folds down; four surround-sound mini-speakers that can be adhered to any hard surface with the stick strips at the back of each speaker; and a subscription to streamed movies, music, and videos for 2 years — all for $499. It is available in three different colors (black, silver, and white).
Business Memo: You are a marketing assistant at Porttron, Inc. tasked with providing a business memo (i.e., an internal company document) to the U.S. executive management team of Porttron, Inc. concerning the checklist items provided below.
Write a minimum 500-word original business memo. In a concise manner, describe to executive management the data you will analyze to determine a potential market for this product. State your purpose in the opening paragraph and provide sufficient information to explain the required items. Finally, provide a concluding paragraph to summarize your suggestions.
Identify either a consumer or business market.
Describes a minimum of four (4) bases each for segmenting the market for at least one market (see Chapter 8).
- Identify four (4) segmentation descriptors (e.g., if a company chose usage-rate segmentation they might decide between heavy and light users).
- Explain your rationale for the four (4) segmentation descriptors for at least one market.
Describe a minimum of 4 factors of the target market.
Identify a marketing mix (product, place, promotion, price) for the product.
In a minimum of 2 pages (500 words) in a Microsoft Word document, write the business memo using the current APA format and citation style (see Unit 1 reading area for APA assistance)
- Step 1: Select one of the following products for this assignment for the fictional company Proserve Corp.
- -A new cool mist humidifier that reduces dry air and also serves as an air freshener. Presently, the scents come in mint, apple, spice, and cinnamon.
- -A new toothbrush that dispenses toothpaste automatically onto the toothbrush with a small button on the handle. The toothpaste comes in a variety of flavors, including cinnamon, peppermint, spearmint, and bubble gum.
-A new wireless headphone and microphone that fit in the palm of your hand and have superior output and volume.
-A new foldable chair that can be carried in one hand, weighs 1.5 lbs. and holds up to 300 lbs.
-A new transcription tool with 98% accuracy.
Step 2: Apply product elements to make this product complete by responding to the following:
Describe the type of product you selected and include product attributes: quality, features, benefits, style, and design.
Provide a proposed product line (depth) and product mix (the 4 P’s; width) for your good. See Exhibit 10.1 in the text.
Describe the elements of the product’s branding (i.e., brand name, sponsor, and brand strategy).
Provide a packaging plan and any warranty or copyright involved if applicable.
Minimum Submission Requirements:
This part of the paper due in Unit 8 should be a minimum of 1½–2 pages (i.e., 350–500 words) and use current APA format and citation style. Your paper should include headings.
Step 3: Place (or distribution)
Discuss three different distribution models available for getting the product from the producer to the consumer.
Using scholarly research, explain the advantages and disadvantages of using intermediaries. Provide 2–3 direct quotes and/or paraphrases from your research, incorporating them into your paper where appropriate in support of your contentions using APA 7th edition in-text citation style. Make sure to add an additional reference page that includes a reference for each article you cited in current APA format.
Considering factors like your brand and target audience, explain what type of retailers would be the best match for your new product and why.
Provide at least one distribution model that would be most effective for the Proservice’s new product. Explain why it would be most effective.
- Provide an original minimum 3-page paper or a minimum of 700 words (comprising Unit 7, Part 1 and Unit 8, Part 2), with additional title and reference pages using current APA format and citation style.