De Anza College Public Speaking Anxiety Personal Report
Navigate to the Personal Report of Public Speaking Anxiety (PRPSA) site, select “this option” on the webpage and take the survey. Take the survey quickly, don’t ponder each statement.
Once you take the survey, submit your selections, and you will end up with a variety of “scores” (see Figure 1 below for an example of scores). You will be asked to email your professor: DO NOT email your results to me!
Write a 150-word reflection, in paragraph form (about a half-page double-spaced). Reflect on your number, your past public speaking (PS) experiences, and respond to the following questions:
- What is your PRPSA number? ( do not screenshot the numbers)
- Does the number seem accurate to you (based on your prior PS experience)? What is your PS experience?
- What are your thoughts about public speaking anxiety?
- There are two types of performance anxiety, physiological (bodily) and psychological (mental), what type(s) do you experience?
- Do you have any strategies to overcome/manage your apprehension? Do they, or have they, worked?
- What is your area of study (major/career path) and how do you expect to use PS in your professional, personal, and civic life?
- Any other thoughts about PS that you’d like to share with me? (If you have social anxiety or anything similar you’d like to share with me, you can do so here or share with me face-to-face). Anything you share is confidential.