Final Case Study: Consulting for the Caring Angel
Imagine that you
are a senior consultant at Practical Health Care Consulting firm. Your
supervisor has instructed you to spend three (3) months at the Caring Angel
Hospital to help improve the quality of care, add value to the organization,
improve employee morale, design an efficient organizational chart, create a
strong team environment, and create the hospital’s competitive advantage. The
hospital has traditionally made losses year after year. Furthermore, it is not
performing well financially, and the banks are not willing to lend it large sums
of money for more effective marketing.
After spending two (2) months
within the hospital, you are very happy with your progress, and you think you
are capable of acquiring more patient base and expanding the hospital market.
However, with a closer look, you notice that your patients are still hopping
from one specialized hospital to another in search of various specialized
treatments. You also notice that the seats are not comfortable in the waiting
area, and the patients continuously show up for appointments on the wrong dates.
The nurses and the employees are not smiling during patient conversations, and
everyone looks for ways to blame others for failures in the patient treatment
process. Everyone seems to work alone and hide what they do from their
At the end of the three (3) month period, you must provide a
report with your recommended strategies designed to help Caring Angel Hospital
achieve its goals.
Note: You may create and / or make
all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- From a consulting perspective, propose the major steps that Caring Angel
Hospital could take to achieve each of the following goals:
- Improve the quality of care
- Add value to the organization
- Improve employee morale
- Design an efficient organizational chart
- Create a strong team environment
- Create the hospital’s competitive edge.
- Recommend one (1) approach that the hospital could use for acquiring a
larger market share given the prevailing financial circumstances. Justify your
- Investigate at least two (2) value-added services that Caring Angel Hospital
could offer to strengthen its value proposition. Provide at least two (2)
examples of the advantages of these value-added services to the hospital.
- Use four (4) recent (within the last five  years) quality academic
resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and other
websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page