Bus-FP3012 Complete a SWOT analysis of yourself, writing homework help
Complete a SWOT analysis of yourself, and write 3–5 pages about how the results of your SWOT analysis might be used in both a workplace setting and in the community.
Effective leaders are those who can scan the environment, who are willing to receive feedback from others about their own performance, and who are willing to try new things; hence the emphasis on integration with self-discovery and ongoing learning.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate the purpose and relevance of leadership.
- Describe leadership style or characteristics as represented by individual strengths.
- Explain how leadership style or characteristics can be used to overcome perceived individual weaknesses.
- Explain how leadership style or characteristics can be used to explore opportunities.
- Analyze how leadership style or characteristics can be used to overcome threats.
- Competency 2: Evaluate how leadership strengths apply in the workplace and within the community.
- Analyze the relationship between individual strengths, leadership style or characteristics, and workplace setting
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- Bill Gates said, “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others” (Sources of Insight, 2011). What does that mean? How might it influence the way you view leadership power and authority?
- How do effective leaders empower and support those around them?
Sources of Insight. (2011, January 19). Lessons learned from Bill Gates. Retrieved from http://sourcesofinsight.com/lessons-learned-from-b…