Since obtaining your management degree, you have determined that starting your own organization would be the ideal next step. Your company will be specifically focusing on the areas of social media and online engagement. You intend to seek investor support for this initiative and to ensure full communication and disclosure of information. You begin to prepare a business plan presentation for the shareholders’ meeting. These materials will include a variety of details and data necessary to advise potential shareholders, and it will have a full section dedicated to legal liabilities.
Prepare a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Include speaker notes in the Notes pane on each slide to explain the details of your presentation. Your presentation should include the following:
- Title slide
- Introduction with an overview of your business and purpose of presentation
- Three to five slides that address the legal points of the business plan:
- What source(s) of laws may be applicable to the business? Please identify at least 3 Federal and/or state statutes, regulations, or cases that relate to your effort.
- What are some of the basic laws associated with doing business?
- What safeguards will you impose to ensure that all legal requirements and procedures are fully and consistently satisfied?
- References slide as the last slide in the presentation
Be sure to create a professional PowerPoint using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and APA in-text citations and references.
- For assistance with developing PowerPoint presentations, click on the PowerPoint tab within the Business Writing Guide
- APA 7th Edition Guide
- How to Cite Course Decisions or Cases
- Fastcase (legal research)Instructions for locating cases in Fastcase
- Discovery (articles and eBooks)
For more information about using Fastcase, conducting research, and citing sources: Schedule an Appointment with the Business Librarian.
10% of total grade
Sources of Law
25% of total grade
Associated Business Laws
25% of total grade
25% of total gradeMastery: Advanced/exceeds achievementExemplary safeguards to ensure legal and procedural compliance are consistently satisfied; explained with accuracy.Mastery: Advanced/exceeds achievementSubstantial safeguards to ensure legal and procedural compliance are consistently satisfied; explained with sufficient accuracy.Mastery: Advanced/exceeds achievementReasonable safeguards to ensure legal and procedural compliance are consistently satisfied; explained with some accuracy.Emerging: Limited or growing achievementLimited or inaccurate safeguards to ensure legal and procedural compliance are consistently satisfied.