Aspen University Emergent and Conventional Reading Essay questions
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Review the assignment instructions and associated rubric before you begin. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some assignments may require you to do additional research so choose your sources carefully. Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the Resources tab of the classroom.
When you submit your assignment it goes through Turnitin, plagiarism software, to be sure that your work is less than 20% duplicated from other sources unless otherwise noted. Take time to correct it so the report verifying your work shows a similarity rate that is less than 20% or as required by your instructor. You may edit your paper and resubmit it up to three times or per your instructor’s directions.
Write a 1750-2000 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer the questions for each bullet point. There should be separate sections, one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
- Explain why emergent reading is different than conventional reading. What can you expect in preschool regarding the progression of emergent reading? As a teacher, how can you assist in making sure this happens with young children?
- Why are predictable books among the most appropriate books for assisting preschool children in emerging into reading? Use three different predictable books from different categories several times with individuals or small groups of children and report the results in detail.
- Explain the concept of “family literacy.” How does it correlate with early learning programs in preschool? Describe how you would design such a program and write a letter to parents asking them for your support at home with your newly designed “family literacy” program.
- Describe one of the parent reading programs in more detail—either one from this text or one being used in your community. How is it working? What are your suggestions to make it better? Make a comprehensive report.