Throughout your life there have been people, moments, and experiences that have helped to define who you are and who you’re becoming. For the first part of your portfolio, you will write out your life’s story.
Wait what?!? How the heck am I going to fit my entire life’s story into two pages?!?
You got this! It won’t be easy, but it does get easier once you get started. Very few people every take the time to sit down and map out their entire story in 2 pages. You’ll be glad you took the time to do so. The more effort and energy you put into this, the more meaning it will have for you.
Start from birth and write your way to the person you are becoming today. Your story is your story.
Here are some questions to get you started:
- When and where were you born?
- What was your family life like?
- What were some of the defining moments in your life?
- What were some of your favorite things to do as a kid?
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- What are some of your proudest moments and accomplishments?
- What were some of the biggest challenges you’ve had to overcome?
- What’s next for you?
Take this in whatever direction feels best for you.
Part 2: Your Vision (3-4 Pages)
We often overestimate what we can accomplish in one year and underestimate what we can accomplish in 10. So, for the second part of your final portfolio you will begin by creating a 10 year vision for your life. What does your life look like 10 years from now? How does it feel? What do you see? What have you accomplished?
Start with your 10 year vision A.) How do you want it to feel? B.) How do want it to look? Run wild with this and let your vision expand into what success feels and looks like for you at these different stages of life. If it helps, you can categorize your vision into Personal and Professional. Then, do the same thing for 5 years, 3 years, etc. *It’s Important that you start with your 10 year vision then work your way back to 90 days. Once you have a better idea of what you want your life to look and feel like 10 year from now, you have a better sense of clarity on what you should be focusing on today.
- 10 year
- 5 year
- 3 year
- 1 year
- 90 days
Then answer the following questions on a separate page…
- Which habits/patterns in my life now are not in alignment with my goals/vision?
- What are the Daily/Weekly Habits/Routines are in alignment with my vision?
- What relationships do you need to create in order to bring your closer to your goals?
Part 3: Letters of Gratitude
- Write 5 letters of gratitude/appreciation to 5 people in your life.
*****Can you see if all these information is on this file ****** If not can you fix it pleaes